TRUE offers a simple way to get confidential and inclusive STI and HIV services in Eswatini.
How to use TRUE?
Key HIV facts and tips
How to use TRUE?
TRUE helps you know your HIV status by assessing your current health needs and booking appointments for HIV and sexual health services in Eswatini.
Begin on the homepage and play the short game to see if you should know your HIV status.
When you finish the game, you will receive a tailored recommendation for HIV services and the option to book an appointment directly or chat online with a counselor.
After booking, you continue to step 2 and arrive at the clinic for your appointment and reach step 3 where you can receive any test results and next steps from a doctor or counselor at the clinic.
TRUE offers clients the following services:
- Play game to self-assess your sexual health needs and receive tailored recommendation for HIV services.
- Book appointments for HIV, STI and other services at 2 community centers, 2 clinics and a mobile clinic.
- Access medical services including standard HIV testing, STI screening and treatment from a medical professional, HIV treatment (ART), and PrEP, family planning, TB screening, psycho-social care.
- Online counseling with a trained counselor.
Use TRUE to book medical services at 2 clinics (one operated by an NGO) or community centers. Explore the options below:
- Private providers: TRUE offers referrals to the clinics TRUE collaborates with. These clinics are inclusive to all populations and have high assurance of confidentiality because clients from all background access these services for all kinds of purposes. Typically, these clinics have shorter wait times and fewer people in the waiting room.
- Community centers are key populations safe-space centers that offer free services and specialize in the sexual health needs of certain populations at highest risk to HIV. These spaces are run by community members and are a safe space where clients of the community can feel free to talk about their sexual health needs and access other community resources.
- Mobile clinic: TRUE will link you to mobile clinic that provides comprehensive services to key population. This mobile clinic has friendly staff who will assist you in providing the services you need.
Use TRUE to help you find sexual health services tailored to your unique needs. By playing this game, you provide some information that helps tailor your journey to your needs. TRUE maintains the confidentiality and privacy of client information in the following ways:
- Responses to game questions: Playing the game and responding to questions about your gender, HIV testing history, sexuality, and HIV risk behaviors will help you receive more relevant recommendations. Your responses to these questions are not shared with the clinics where you book appointments and your responses will not be used by our staff to identify you personally.
- Phone number: To book an appointment, TRUE requires a valid cell phone number to ensure clients can receive free follow-up services from a confidential virtual counselor. This service is always a component of high-quality HIV services, so all clients can access their preferred HIV prevention and treatment services.
- Test results: HIV test results are shared directly from the clinic to the client and not shared with TRUE staff. Clients can discuss results with staff who test them at community centers, clinics or mobile clinic.
- Clinical partners: TRUE refers clients to community health centers or the clinics who follow the Ministry of Health guidelines.
Key HIV facts and tips
- The most common way to get HIV in Eswatini is through unprotected sex. Assess your risk with our game on TRUE link.
- Testing is simple! Use TRUE for simple, fast, and confidential HIV testing.
- Going for an HIV test can make you surer about your sexual health for increased confidence in your sex life.
- Re-test whenever you are concerned or after 2 months if you have been at risk for exposure.
- PrEP is available in Eswatini! PrEP is a daily pill allowing you to become virtually immune to HIV. You can book an appointment for PrEP on TRUE .
- Treatment is key! Today, people living with HIV and taking treatment life as long as someone uninfected. Treatment is available for free in Eswatini. You can book an appointment for HIV treatment on TRUE .
- Undetectable = Untransmittable. People living with HIV can take HIV treatment to suppress the HIV virus to a point where they cannot transmit!
- Test positive today, start treatment tomorrow. Immediate initiation of HIV treatment results in the best long-term health outcomes.
TRUE is made possible with generous support of US taxpayers through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). TRUE was developed in collaboration with community-led organizations in Eswatini. An HIV project called LINKAGES has supported the Eswatini MOH in the development of TRUE. The LINKAGES project aims at accelerating the ability of governments and organizations working with people who are at-risk of HIV to plan and implement services that reduce HIV transmission and extend the lives of those already living with HIV.